All participants will be judged in the following categories:
1. Chinese Talent - Participant will perform by herself and can sing, dance, play instrument, etc (for maximum of 4 minutes
2. Personality & National Outfit - Personality-participants introduces herself and includes all information from "Education and Accomplishments" (within 2 minutes)
3. Country of Origin Talent - Participants will showcase their own country’s culture in dance, sing, poem etc
4. Evening Gown
- Participants walks in style long gown (Dress)
5. Question & Answer
- Participants answer randomly selected question within 2 minute
6. Posture, Composure, Presentation (eye contact, smile etc)
We have created a website called: http://www.misslaowaichina.org were all interested foreigners can apply or write to us for any details or information.
Miss Laowai China Pageant - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Miss Laowai China Pageant?
The purpose of the Pageant is to bring about cultural exchange through beauty and talent.
2. When and where will the next Miss Laowai China pageant be held?
The next Miss Laowai China pageant will be held in August 2011 in Beijing, China.
3. Can anyone apply for the Miss Laowai China contest? What are the criteria to participate?
Any Foreign female living in legally resident in China can apply to participate in the pageant. The criteria are stipulated on our website: http://www.misslaowaichina.org
4. Why are these criteria so flexible?
The winner of the Miss Laowai China Pageant will be representing a wide range of foreign interest in China. These would include endorsements and modelling contracts in China and abroad. She will be the spokesperson for Miss Laowai China during her one year reign.
5. How and where is the application submitted?
The application can be made online on our website anytime. Please visit: http://www.misslaowaichina.org.
6. How will the applicant know if they are picked to represent their country?
The applicant will be contacted informing them of the receipt of their application and then at the close of the application period, they will receive an email notifying them if they make it to the short list. They will also receive a notice of the date of their professional photo shoot.
7. Are there plans to hold the pageant in other places?
There are plans already to hold the Miss Laowai China pageant in other parts of China such as Shanghai, Guangdong province, Hong Kong, Macau and other historical places of interest.
8. What does the winner win in the pageant?
The crown of Miss Laowai China title and recognition by the Chinese Ministry of Culture, as foreign culture ambassador, and up to four other major prizes apart from endorsements and contracts. Details of the prizes will be announced later.
9. Will Miss Laowai China pageant be held annually?
Yes, it will be held annually except in case of formidable circumstances.
10. Who sponsors the pageant?
So far sponsors include TV stations and the business community. Specific details of our sponsors are posted on out website. Please be also advised that we are still requiring more sponsorship.